How to Get Rid of Hiccups
How To Get Rid of Hiccups Fast
An involuntary reflex action that can be a great source of embarrassment for many if occurred in unlikely situation is a ‘hiccup.’ We have all experienced hiccups at some or other point of our life, and it could have been triggered by one or the other unexplained reasons.
The good news is that you can take control of hiccups easily without having to shy away in a corner.
So, why do we have hiccups?
Hiccups are caused due to involuntary spasms of the diaphragm, and there are many factors responsible for their occurrence. Mostly, we get hiccups after our meals, after few pegs of alcoholic drinks and sometimes without any rhyme or reasons. Hiccups may last a few minutes to hours depending upon person-to-person or on other internal health concerns.
Depending upon the severity of the condition, treatment of hiccups may be solved at minor home remedial level to medical assistance. Know what kind of hiccups you suffer from and assess yourself.
- One of the most common solutions to get rid of hiccups quickly is to grab a glass of water, and have someone cover your ears. This may sound crazy, but it has worked in most cases, plus it takes less effort.
- Secondly, holding your breath for a few minutes has proved to be successful in controlling hiccups in most desperate situations. Of course, this may upset your stomach for a short while, but rest assured the result can be delightful.
- One of the most effective yet an unusual type of curbing hiccups is to unknowingly be scared by someone. To have someone scare you at that moment may call for weird feelings, but this psychological practice has shown great results.
- Why and how it happens is not easily explainable, but biting on a lime or lemon is a good means of overcoming hiccups.
- You may not want to do this one in the public and attract unwanted eyes revolving around you. However, if it is the solution to the hiccups that matters more to you than being a fool to others, then simply pull your tongue out. See the difference to believe it, and be the first to get rid of hiccups fast.
The next time you have hiccups, you know what to do!