How to Get Rid of Lice Fast and Easy- Home Remedies to Get Rid of Head Lice and Nits
How to Get Rid of Lice
Anything hairy and easy-to-camouflage is a haven for bugs to thrive on. But, when it comes to the human head, the parasitic activities of lice allow them to co-exist uninvitingly with the hair. How they crawl up our head to get to the hair can leave one baffled, but they do it with such precision that we do not feel their presence until we feel itchiness and hair-raising crawls on our scalp.
Poor hygiene is single-handedly painted as the most probable cause for the infestation of lice on human hair. Lice infestation is not a disease, but the condition may stir waves of discomfort and irritation to the sufferer. Ironically, both young and old alike suffer at the hands of lice while in some cases the problem may not get resolved easily. First of all, there are three kinds of lice— head lice, body lice and pubic lice. If you are keen on getting rid of lice fast and easy, following the instructions listed below may offer a significant relief.
How to Get Rid of Lice Naturally in Your Home
- Before deciding on home remedies to get rid of lice, it is recommended that you determine if the problem of itchiness is caused by lice or by other reasons.
The first signs of lice infestation are characterized by itchy head especially behind the ears and the nape of the neck along with red spots. The situation can be easily confirmed by the presence of small, white to silver coloured eggs called nits.
- The most effective solution to get rid of lice in your homestarts with you. Always use lice removal shampoo to wash your hair. While doing so, make sure you have followed all the instructions—leave the shampoo on the hair for a certain period of time. This is done to ensure that the chemicals in the shampoo kill the lice.
- Next step is to take assistance of a friend or family member to manually remove the stubborn lice and nits on the scalp and hair strands.
- Once you have mastered getting rid of the nits and lice, ensure that they are eliminated completely. After all, you would not want them crawl back up your head.
- Use Olive Oil to get rid of lice.
How to Get Rid of Lice Nits or Eggs
- Combing out nits and lice can be a tedious work, but it is important to dispose each nit and louse because a nit can breed at great speed.
- Always wash bedding and clothing in hot water and then dry them in the sun. This will help in preventing further proliferation in your dwelling areas.
- Vacuum carpets, furniture and bedding items around infected person living space in order to avoid spreading of lice and nits.
Lice can crawl over a widespread area to inhabit in the human head, and they are generally transmitted from an infected person to another. Lice infestation is not only a great cause of embarrassment, but also an inevitable source of discomfort and annoyance. Know how to handle head lice and enjoy quality life!